The purpose of the Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (ECACVB) is to increase travel to Pasquotank County generating revenues and improving the economy of the county. This is achieved through an aggressive advertising, tourism and public relations program designed to increase awareness and generate travel to the Elizabeth City area for vacationers, leisure travelers, groups and meetings. The bureau develops high quality literature for use in its fulfillment program and responds to telephone, mail, email and walk-in inquiries generated by its various programs. The ECACVB is overseen by the Tourism Development Authority (TDA).
TDA Board Composition
The TDA is made up of nine board members:
- One Pasquotank County Commissioner
- One City of Elizabeth City Councilor
- Two hotel/motel industry representatives recommended by the hotel/motel industry and appointed by the Pasquotank County Board of Commissioners
- One City of Elizabeth City appointment appointed by the Pasquotank County Board of Commissioners on recommendation of the City of Elizabeth City
- Three Pasquotank County appointments
- One representative of the hotel/motel industry based on a joint recommendation of the City of Elizabeth City and Pasquotank County
- The Pasquotank County Finance Director is an ex-officio board member.
The TDA is funded by a six percent occupancy tax collected monthly.
The first three percent is broken down into three parts to be used to support the mission:
- Fifty percent to promote travel and tourism
- Twenty five percent for tourism related expenditures recommended by the City Council of Elizabeth City and approved by the TDA.
- Twenty five percent for tourism related expenditures recommended by the Pasquotank County Board of Commissioners and approved by the TDA.
The second three percent is divided into two parts. The TDA must use two-thirds of the funds to promote travel and tourism and shall use the remainder for tourism-related expenditures.
Christina Rehklau, Director | firstname.lastname@example.org//
Susan Hartley, Administrative Assistant | email@example.com//
Liza Franco, Web Content/Social Media Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org//
Annabelle Andrews, Events | email@example.com//
Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Tourism Development Authority | 2017-2018 Board of Directors
Rhonda Twiddy – Chairperson Pasquotank County
Gwen Sanders – Vice-Chairperson Elizabeth City
Able Sutton – Pasquotank County At-Large
Andy Montero – Pasquotank County At-Large
Arthur McPherson – Pasquotank County
Jeanie Young – Elizabeth City
Jeff Dixon – Pasquotank County
Maureen Donnelly – Pasquotank County/Elizabeth City
Sheri Small – Ex-Officio Pasquotank County